Living Our American Pride Core Value
A Commitment to Celebrating Our Nation and Honoring Those Who Serve It
Our Core Values are the fundamental beliefs that shape our culture at ABC Supply, and one of those Core Values is American Pride.
We believe America is the greatest country in the world and that we have much to celebrate and be thankful for. This includes honoring and respecting all members of our nation’s armed forces who have served or are currently serving our great nation. Here are some of the many ways our associates pay tribute to veterans and members of the United States military.
- ABC Supply partners with “Military Makeover,” a reality television series that provides free home repairs for veterans and their families. We help by donating building materials that our contractor customers install, and our associates often volunteer their time to support the renovations and welcome the families home. To date, we’ve helped the Wojcik, Hixon and Harvey-Woodruff families with their “Military Makeover” home remodels.
- Steve Wojcik is a decorated veteran from Strum, Wisconsin, who served in the military for 20 years.
- Chris Hixon was a 27-year Navy veteran who lost his life in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.
- Luke Harvey is a medically retired U.S. Army infantryman, awarded with both the Purple Heart and an Army Commendation with Valor device. Natasha Woodruff served as a geospatial engineer for the Army and was awarded the Women of Courage award by the Pentagon when she retired.
- ABC Supply is a multimillion-dollar supporter of Homes For Our Troops. This nonprofit organization has built and donated over 290 specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post-9/11 veterans to enable them to rebuild their lives.
- ABC Supply is also committed to hiring veterans, helping them transition to a fulfilling, lifelong career once their service to our country has ended. We partner with Military.com and RecruitMilitary and have hired more than 1,100 veterans to the ABC Supply team since 2017.