ABC Supply Thanks Military Veterans, Welcomes Them to Our Team
At ABC Supply, we are a proud American company that believes in the American dream and honors those who have served or are currently serving in the United States military.
Since 2017, we’re proud to have hired more than 1,000 veterans. This has created a culture where those who served can work shoulder to shoulder with others who had similar experiences.
To further our commitment to employing veterans, we’ve taken the Military.com hiring pledge. We work with RecruitMilitary to bring this pledge to life by attending military job fairs across the country to connect with career seekers. We know the skills mastered in the military are unequaled, and we’re committed to helping veterans find their fit with our family.
Matt Cooper, vice president of ABC Supply’s West Region and U.S. Marine Corps veteran, shares, “Veterans are making a huge impact at ABC Supply. They are wanted at ABC Supply because of what they bring to the table and the leadership skills they learned in the military.”
Learn more about military veterans’ experiences on our team by watching the below video.
Need additional reasons to believe that ABC Supply is the right place for veterans to grow successful careers? Here are just a few.
1. We Put Our People First
Our mission is to take care of each other and our customers, and we’ve won awards for it. ABC Supply has been recognized with 13 consecutive Gallup Great Workplace Awards and is a recipient of Glassdoor's 2019 Employees' Choice Award. These honors recognize the best of the best when it comes to companies that create workplace environments where employees are given the tools, training, support and opportunities needed to succeed. This in turn motivates employees to thrive and fuel business success.
As part of our culture, we’ve built a strong foundation of Core Values. These values guide the way we treat our fellow associates, customers and community members, and include respecting each other, providing opportunities, giving back, working hard and having fun, and showing our patriotism.
2. We Show Our American Pride
We believe in the American dream and the freedom to pursue individual aspirations, and this belief guides much of our business at ABC Supply. Here are some ways you’ll feel and see our American Pride:
- Our name and colors. We believe in the American dream so much that we’ve incorporated many American ideas and symbols, like our name—American Builders and Contractors Supply—and our colors—red, white and blue—into our company’s identity.
- Our sponsorships. We’re a sponsor of country music legend Lee Greenwood’s tour bus as he travels across the United States. His hit song, “God Bless the USA,” serves as the song that ends every company gathering. After he performed it live at our national managers’ meeting, it became clear Greenwood embraces the same principles of liberty, community and pride in being an American as over 15,000 associates.
“As I travel across this country in my bus, truckers, fans and people I meet will become aware that Lee Greenwood and ABC Supply share the common belief that America is still the greatest country on Earth,” Greenwood said.
3. We Thank and Honor Our Military
Military members are the best of the best, and we are proud to not only recognize those on our team who have served, but those outside of our ABC Supply family as well.
- Since 2005, ABC Supply has been recognizing associates across the country who have served in the military, as well as family members and associates actively serving, with our special edition “Honor Those Who Serve” newsletter. The newsletter is distributed company-wide each Veterans Day.
- In 2018, ABC branches in New Jersey (Plainfield, Cedar Knolls, Avenel and Tinton Falls) teamed up to collect items for troops overseas. The items ranging from razors to beef jerky were donated to Operation Jersey Cares.
- Earlier this year, we had the opportunity to team up with "Military Makeover," a show that provides home remodels to deserving veterans and their families. You can watch the full “Military Makeover” episode at www.militarymakeover.tv or on Lifetime — check your local listings.
4. We’re a Career Option Close to Home
With over 790 locations nationwide, we’re big enough to offer many career opportunities that fit your talents and small enough to make sure you have the guidance and opportunities to grow a career. Job openings range from CDL driving, warehouse, delivery, logistics, sales and management.
Does ABC Supply sound like a fit for you? We’d love to hear from you, and you can apply for a career opportunity here.