How We’re Making Kids’ Wishes Come True
ABC Supply shares special Make-A-Wish stories from 2020
At ABC Supply, our company Core Values guide everything we do. Our Family Core Value is all about caring for each other, while our Give Back Core Value challenges us to donate our time and resources to help improve our communities. With these values in mind, we’ve been able to help make life brighter for some critically ill kids across the country through our multimillion dollar Make-A-Wish® Champion Sponsorship, as well as donating building materials and volunteering our time to help make their wishes come true.
“ABC is honored to contribute to Make-A-Wish,” said Mike Jost, chief operating officer of ABC Supply. “Our associates love to give back, and they are excited to be able to help these deserving kids; this really is what our company is all about.”
Make-A-Wish grants life-changing wishes for children diagnosed with critical illnesses. The organization believes that a wish experience can be a game-changer for these children, giving them the strength they need to fight against their illnesses and providing a sense of optimism to their families.
Here are some of the Make-A-Wish stories that we’re proud to have been involved in this year.
- In Eugene, Oregon, the local ABC Supply branch donated shingles to help build a backyard fort to grant Cohen’s wish. “Our whole team was excited to have the opportunity to help Cohen,” said Eugene branch manager Jonathan Struck. “We’re not just a business, we’re part of this community, and it felt great to do something special for this young boy.”
- Our Wisconsin District donated their time to help build Nurdin’s backyard swing set in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- In Michigan, four-year-old Hope, who is battling brain cancer, wished for a playground in her backyard because there are no nearby playgrounds in her neighborhood. ABC Supply donated building materials to help build Hope a playground, complete with swings and a slide.
- The team at our Niantic, Connecticut, location donated decking and fasteners to help grant a child’s wish of a deck and hot tub.
- In Angleton, Texas, Town & Country, a division of ABC Supply, donated materials to help build Jaida an outdoor screen enclosure for a pool in her backyard.
We’re not stopping with these five Make-A-Wish stories. We’re working on granting more wishes, and we thank you, our customers, for choosing ABC Supply as your partner and materials distributor. We couldn’t be prouder to be helping such deserving kids and their families, and with your continued support of ABC Supply, we’ll grant even more wishes in 2021 and beyond.
Visit ABC Supply’s blog for more stories about giving back, including how we helped surprise an Atlanta military veteran with a newly remodeled home.