What Makes Our Associates Special
How a job at ABC Supply gives you a chance to serve contractors and give back
We know that contractors have a lot of options when it comes to selecting a building materials distributor. That’s why, from day one, we’ve been an employee-first company. We believe that associates who feel valued and supported and are enthusiastic about their work will provide world-class service to our customers.
Having a job at ABC Supply means you’re a part of building our customers’ businesses, and you have opportunities to give back to your local community. Here are some reasons why our associates are so special.
1. They’re highly engaged
As a testament to our people, we’ve been honored for the 14th consecutive year with the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award, which recognizes the top workplaces in the world. Gallup studied millions of employees around the globe to understand what sets great workplaces apart from the rest, and it comes down to engaged employees. Highly engaged employees like our associates at ABC Supply are committed to their work and customers, and their passion and enthusiasm often fuel our growth and innovation.
We’re also honored to have received Glassdoor’s Employee Choice Award twice, making the lists of Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020. Every company hopes to be recognized as a great workplace, and we’re proud that our associates love working at ABC Supply. With hardworking, engaged associates, we can continue to be a supplier of choice for our valued customers.
2. They help contractors succeed
One of the ways we make sure our contractor customers have the tools and information they need to stand out is by providing ongoing training to our associates and empowering them to actively listen to what contractors need to be successful.
During the onset of COVID-19, branches quickly transitioned to comply with safety regulations and deliver on our customers’ changing needs. Our associates continue to listen to customer feedback to find ways to improve the way we support them. While the industry has been dealing with production delays over the last year, our associates have been proactively communicating with contractors and working with nearby branches to find materials. We want to make doing business with us as easy as possible, and that includes being able to get the building products contractors need.
3. They give back to their communities
At ABC Supply, our Core Values guide our company culture. One of our Core Values is Give Back, and our associates take that to heart. With nearly 800 locations throughout the country, ABC Supply is part of many communities, and our associates look for ways to give back financially and through volunteering. Here are just a few ways they’ve done so recently:
- Associates at our East Orange, New Jersey, location helped unload semitrucks full of donations for a nearby church’s food drive. As families in the community struggled to make ends meet during COVID-19, the associates helped make the citywide food donation program run smoothly.
- In 2020, we made a multimillion-dollar commitment to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and our associates have enjoyed getting involved. In Eugene, Oregon, our local branch donated shingles to help build a backyard fort for Cohen, a young boy battling a chronic illness.
- Our associates’ hard work makes it possible for us to also support Homes For Our Troops. In September 2020, we were proud to donate materials and help support the organization as it donated its 300th specially adapted home to a severely injured, post-9/11 veteran.
ABC Supply has incredible associates who make a difference within our company, for our customers and in their local communities. It’s what makes ABC Supply one of the best places to work. If you’re interested in starting a career at ABC Supply, visit our careers page or learn more about our company culture on our LinkedIn page.