At ABC Supply, associates focus on our seven Core Values to guide them in their work. One of these values is giving back to our communities and neighbors who are important to our success.
Here are a few of the many ways our associates contribute their time, talents and resources to make a difference in the lives of those around them.
- From our National Support Center in Beloit, Wisconsin, to ABC Supply locations across the country, associates often give blood to help those in need. In the Atlanta area, Georgia District Manager Frank Marcoccio, a few of his associates and a customer donated platelets during a blood drive for Atlanta Blood Services in 2015.
- Another associate in Florida, Jack Dannehold, has donated 49 gallons of blood over the past several decades. Regardless of how busy Jack gets, he believes it’s always important to take the time to give back.
- Jeremy Crawford, branch manager of Cheverly, Maryland, supports the Wish-A-Fish Foundation, which helps Maryland and Virginia kids with special needs enjoy a day of fishing with their families. Since getting involved, Jeremy has recruited other associates and vendors to donate their time and boats, giving deserving families a special day on the water followed by a cookout.
“Not only is this a great way for ABC Supply, its customers and its vendors to come together to give back to children with special needs,” Crawford shared, “but it’s great that it can create a memorable, stress-free day for the whole family."
- Our team at the National Support Center helps the local community by working with Beloit Meals on Wheels. Since 2001, a group of associates volunteer during the first week of each month to deliver lunches to more than 100 residents in Beloit.
- The National Support Center also participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in 2014. Various departments and subsidiaries took part in the challenge, raising more than $7,000 for the fight against ALS.
These are just a few of the many ways our associates give back to their communities to make them better places to live, work and grow. Learn more about our values and beliefs.