Delivery Services Manager
The largest part of ABC Supply’s service is the delivery of the products we offer. With so many products and so many customers, it’s no wonder that ABC Supply's delivery fleet is always on the move. The delivery services manager (DSM) plans, schedules and monitors deliveries to ensure the fast, effective and safe delivery of all products. In addition to communicating with customers, the delivery services manager is responsible for seeing that the delivery vehicles are compliant with all Department of Transportation regulations.
Ensuring a safe, accurate and timely customer delivery is the most essential responsibility of a delivery services manager. Providing this service requires managing appropriate driver coverage; maximizing the use of internal resources, truck load capacity and driver delivery time; optimizing delivery sequencing; etc. This ultimately helps ABC Supply to fulfill our philosophy of “making it easy” for our customers.
While the primary responsibility of the DSM is to ensure safe, accurate and timely deliveries, this is not the only function in their role. In addition to these functions, their primary responsibility is still reliant upon other smaller functions. Some of these duties include:
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating and optimizing truck routes for drivers
- Scheduling product for delivery or pickup
- Verifying delivery order paperwork is complete and accurate
- Maintaining contact with customers regarding delivery/pickup status
- Monitoring the delivery service level of the branch
- Resolving all delivery complaints and/or questions
- Hiring, supervising, scheduling and training delivery drivers
- Assisting in accident and/or damage investigations and claims
- Ensuring compliance with all DOT regulations and requirements
- Scheduling routine and/or required vehicle maintenance
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Having attention to detail
- Ability to use PC and related software
- Ability to motivate oneself and work in a team environment
If you live in or are applying in Philadelphia, PA, click here.