You are here
Delivery Material Handler
The main focus of a Delivery Material Handler is to assist delivery drivers in loading and unloading product from the delivery vehicles. Performing these duties often requires the work of two people due to the weight of the product, the amount of product being delivered, or even the maneuvering of the delivery vehicle being used.
When ABC Supply delivers products to a customer, we promise to delivery exactly what the customer ordered and in the condition they expect. One of the main responsibilities of the Delivery Material Handler is helping to keep this promise to the customer. They assist with the safe and accurate handling of material from the warehouse to the delivery location while avoiding injuries to themselves and others.
The functions of a Delivery Material Handler are some of the most important. Not only do they assist in protecting product and property from damage, but they also help to avoid incorrect products from being shipped. Some of their main duties include:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- Assisting with loading products onto roofs
- Assisting in maneuvering delivery vehicles
- Delivering product in non-CDL required vehicles
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Ability to repeatedly lift products weighing 50-100 pounds
- ABC and OSHA approved Powered Industrial Truck certification (company training provided)